Monday, January 26, 2009

Cake Decorating Contest! :D

Whew! I really do NOT deserve to have a blog! :) My only excuse is that life is very busy right now and I don't have much time for posting. I would say I'll try to do better but...you know how that goes. Oh, well. :D
A little insight on what I've been doing... this past holiday season, I received an order for 22 cakes! Not just plain old cakes, mind you. 11 three-layered red velvet cakes and 11 fifteen layered chocolate cakes. Know what else? We needed to make them ALL in a 36 hr. period! Well, it took both Erin and I to get er' done, but we did it! :)


Here's only 9 cakes pictured out of 22!

Which brings another subject to mind...I have always wanted to host a contest of some sort but never have done it, sooooooo... You are all invited to enter "Dixie Doodles Cake Decorating Contest"! Here are the rules:

1. It can be any decorated cake (or cupcakes) that you have made any time, any year, any place, just so long as you made it.
2. Just post a picture of your cake on your blog and if you don't have a blog, comment that you wish to enter and we'll go from there.
3. Cakes will be judged by creativity and originality.
4. The deadline is Feb. 15th.
5.. The winner will receive a little surprise prize! :)

So there you go! I would love to see your cakes! Don't know how many of y'all would be interested, but thought I'd try anyway. :)

6 comments:

Abi Tucker said...

I could try to do it, But I must say I am not very good at it... But a cake is a cake :)So, I guess we'll see Feb. 15th!

Abi Tucker said...

P.S. Good idea!

Beth said...

I just posted about the cupcakes I made for Lillie's 4th birthday. I would like to enter them! I can't imagine why you don't have time to post :)

Elisabeth said...

Thank you both! The cupcakes are too cute, Sis. Beth, and I can't wait to see your entry, Abi! :)

Autumn said...

That is a neat idea! I love cake decorating.
I wish I could sell mine, too!

Unknown said...

Well, I posted a cake entry on my blog! :D ;) It's a wonderful idea Elisabeth! I love it... and I am amazed that you could do so many (for the orders)... you must have been so tired after finishing all those cakes! I don't think I could have done it. You've got a gift (one of many)... :D